Outdoor Courts and Courses
Lenexa offers several locations for you to enjoy outdoor fun including basketball, disc golf, horseshoes, ice skating, pickleball, playground passport, sand volleyball skateboarding, sledding and tennis courts for public use. Please use good judgment when determining the playability of these facilities to ensure continued surface quality and user safety.
Courts are available for rental from 8 a.m. to 9.p.m. Facilities are available on a first-come, first-served basis, during regular park hours, unless a permit is already issued. City-sponsored programs and events will be given first priority at any location.
- Bois D’ Arc Park (1/2 court) 87th and Lackman
- Electric Park (1/2 court) 93rd and Loiret Boulevard
- Gillette Park (1/2 court) 9010 Gillette
- Green Prairie Park (1/2 court) 92nd Terrace and Cottonwood
- John McNerney Park (1/2 court) Haskins and Pennycross
- Matt Taylor Park (full court) 82nd and Rosehill Road
- Na Nex Se Park (1/2 court) 83rd Terrace and Lackman
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park (full court) 87th and Greenway
- Wild Bill Hickok Park (full court) 85th Terrace and Clare Road
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park 87th and Greenway. Located behind the Indian Trails Aquatic Center and south of the skateboard park, the nine-hole disc golf course is perfect for families looking for a fun outing or even experienced disc golf players who want to practice their putting and approach skills.
- A map showing the overall course as well as signage about each hole is provided at the course. Participants must supply their own discs.
- Ad Astra Park (four pits) 83rd and Maurer
- Electric Park (two pits) 93rd and Loiret Boulevard
- Bois D'Arc Park 88th and Lackman Road. Rink is located on the tennis courts and will remain open as long as temperatures remain below freezing.
- Bois D'Arc Park (two courts) 88th and Lackman Road
- Flat Rock Creek Park (one court) 103rd and Noland
- Matt Taylor Park (two courts) 82nd and Rosehill Road (push button lighting until 11 p.m. - no charge)
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park (two courts) 87th and Greenway (coin-operated lighting until 11 p.m.)
- Discover all the fun at Lenexa's 32 different playgrounds through the Playground Passport program. Pick up a passport at the Lenexa Community Center (13420 Oak Street) and visit 21 or more playgrounds during the summer
- Return your passport to the Lenexa Community Center to receive a prize.
Sand Volleyball Courts
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park (two courts) 87th and Lackman
- Electric Park (two courts) 93rd and Loiret
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park 87th and Greenway
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park 87th and Greenway between Indian Trails Aquatic Center and the tennis courts. Parking is available along Greenway, just south of 87th Street Parkway near the basketball court or by the pool.
- Flat Rock Creek Park (two courts) 103rd and Noland
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park (four courts) 87th and Greenway
- Bois D’ Arc Park (four courts) 87th and Lackman Road
- Matt Taylor Park (four courts) 82nd and Rosehill Road
Tennis courts may be rented in person at the Lenexa Community Center, 13420 Oak Street, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. No reservations will be taken over the phone. If a court has not been rented, it is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Fees are $4 per hour for Lenexa residents and $8 per hour for nonresidents. Proof of residency is required for all rentals, and full payment and a signed contract are due at the time of booking. Cancellation of any court reservations must be made in writing at least 14 days prior to the function, or the fee for the date(s) cancelled will be forfeited. Refunds will not be given due to inclement weather; however, rental dates or times may be moved, if available.
For more information
Please call 913.477.7100, M-F, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.