Lenexa Volunteer Hall of Fame
The City of Lenexa would like to recognize individual citizens who have made significant contributions to the community through their outstanding volunteer efforts. We are looking for those special people who stand head and shoulders above the rest – people who have used their time and energy to make a difference in our community.
To nominate an individual for the Lenexa Volunteer Hall of Fame, please submit in writing the name, address and phone number of the volunteer, along with a detailed description of his or her volunteer efforts and how they have made a positive impact on the community.
The description should include:
- details about the nominee’s involvement as a volunteer (please provide examples, including leadership exhibited in volunteer efforts)
- longevity of the volunteer’s service (minimum of five years of continuous service)
- quantity or diversity of volunteer activities (for example, has the person volunteered on behalf of more than one effort, organization or cause?)
- Nominations may be submitted in writing to the City Clerk at 12350 W. 87th St. Pkwy., Lenexa, KS 66215 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominees may only receive this honor once.
- Nominee must live or volunteer in Lenexa.
- Only individuals will be recognized in the Volunteer Hall of Fame (not groups, clubs, or organizations, etc.).
- Elected officials are not eligible; however, former elected officials will be considered for their outstanding volunteer efforts.
- Current city employees are not eligible.
- Nominees will be considered for their volunteer contributions when they exceed the normal scope of their employment or parental involvement.
- Nominees involved in a service organization will be recognized for volunteer activities when they are exceptional services that exceed the regular requirements of the service organization.
Please include your name and phone number in case we need to reach you for follow-up information about your nomination. The deadline for 2016 nominations is March 10, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Katy Crow at 477-7550.