Planning a garage sale, craft sale, estate sale or sample sale at a residence in Lenexa? Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Each household can hold up to two garage or yard sales during a calendar year, with a maximum length of four days each time.
- Sales must take place during daylight hours.
- No permit is required to conduct a sale or post temporary signs to advertise it.
- Follow these regulations about sign size and placement:
- Signs can't be larger than 4 square feet in area or 4 feet tall.
- Place signs no earlier than 5 p.m. the night before a sale begins, and remove them once the sale ends.
- You can post one sign at the site of the sale, and one on private property (with permission) at a subdivision entrance or adjacent to an intersection near the sale.
- Don't post signs on public property or right of way.
- Keep signs at least 15 feet back from a street or 20 feet from the pavement of an intersection to maintain clear sight lines and prevent traffic hazards.
To register a complaint or concern, call Code Enforcement at 913.477.7500 or submit a service request.